Sunday, June 10, 2007

Environmentally Responsible?

Seems to be a thick layer of dust over this blog. I guess that’s what happens when you don’t post any entries for nearly six months. I would like to say I have been doing something more important that kept me from blogging like furthering my career, engaging in charity work in Africa or maybe saving a rainforest / some whales / the world from vacuous reality TV shows, but none of it would be true, hell, I haven’t even reduced the size of my carbon footprint – I’ve probably increased it with the new free flow Chevy twin exhaust system I’ve just fitted to my V8 ute*. Nothing much else has occurred worthy of mention, other than my hitting the ten year milestone in my job. It’s a strange feeling – on one hand I feel like I have achieved something making it to ten years, and on the other I wonder what I’ve been doing with my life. It is a bit difficult to move to a new employer in a lot of ways – an old job feels comfortable, although comfort breeds boredom. However boredom is something that is only a minor irritation in the big scheme of things, especially when you own a mortgage, that may, one day, become a home of your own.

In addition to this I have also forgotten to mark the first anniversary of this blog.

I haven’t been totally inactive since January though. I thought I’d sort out some of my digital photos and put them up on a Flickr page. They are mainly images taken in and around Melbourne – only a couple of pages worth at the moment but more on the way.

*Don’t worry though, due to environmental reasons (and the price of fuel) I don’t drive my ute all that often, so my carbon emissions are minimal, and I always burn rubber responsibly.

No comments: