Saturday, July 08, 2006

Well OK, it does get cold sometimes...

I have power over the weather. That’s a fairly big statement to make, but none the less I stand by it. I always knew I had some latent command over precipitation when I realised that I could make it rain virtually every time by the simple act of washing my car. Sometimes just getting the hose pipe out would bring it on. Even simply by announcing my intention to wash the car I could open the skies. Anyway in my blog post of April 25th this year I stated that it doesn’t get that cold here in Melbourne. This was very rash, and now I have to eat my words. Last month Victoria experienced its coldest night in twenty seven years. I can’t remember just how cold it got, but it was at least a couple of degrees below zero because I had to de ice the car almost to the extent that I used to have to de ice it in England (at least there wasn’t ice on the inside of the windscreen this time. So there you go, my mutant powers of meteorological control have increased to encompass the power over temperature as well rainfall… All I have to do to invoke these powers is make a statement that tempts the weather gods to make a fool of me, and I’ll get my wish. Simple. Just watch out for my character in the next X-Men movie.

No comments: